“I’m getting tired of this wet weather.” Yes, but we need the moisture.” suspect this conversation— or some facsimile thereof — has played out all over the Gunnison Valley during thepast few we
Wed, 03/19/2014 - 11:30pm admin
A heat lamp in a chicken coop is being blamed for a fire late last Thursday night. Gunnison firefighters responded to the blaze on County Road 48E north of Gunnison just before midnight. Gunnison Fire Marshal Dennis Spritzer said a 250-gallon propane tank near the chicken coop was found to be leaking after the fire was put out. Firefighters were able to keep the tank from igniting. The tank was replaced and there was no further threat. No one was injured during the fire, but three chickens were lost.